Doors and Windows help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Installed new conservatory over the last few months. I need help on two things please.

First one, the windows have spaces for vents, I have the plastic vents, but have no real idea of how to fit them please. Can you guide me on what vent goes on what side of the window?

Secondly, my new french doors - the main opening door is catching on the handle side (not the hinge side) - here are some pictures of the hinges, what bits should I adjust please?

Thanks again!

Doobs[/url]

Sponsored Links
Vent, upper piece is internal with little handle to allow open/close action.
Fitter should have adjusted door and returned to adjust.

Vents - The vent with the little lever on to open/shut goes on the inside, the other half with the grill effect goes on outside.

Hinges - take the little plastic plug out where the pencil mark is on the door on the first photo, in there is an allen bolt, get correct size key and turn so you see the door move away from the other, i usually look at the gap between the door and hinge to see if its closing or widening, keep checking the door still locks with the key though

Crank,

Thanks! You were 100% spot on. All vents are in, and door adjusted. Thanks a million.

Doobs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back