Doors / Skirting / Architrave / Laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a few jobs that need done in my flat renovation, but having never done any of them before i'm not sure of the correct order to do things.

I need doors hung, skirting and architrave fitted and laminate flooring laid in the hall and living room.

Is it best to fit the skirting + architrave after the laminate to avoid using beading?

In the other rooms should I put the architrave up before the doors or the other way round (does it matter?)

Would it be better to hang the doors after the laminate goes down or before?

Thanks

ps - Great Site!

Sponsored Links
floor first as everything else sits just above
architraves doors and finaly skirting as you have the architrave to work up to ;)

As with the floor , it looks beter done first but downside is if any gets damaged its hard to take back up.

As the doors i would hang them before the architaves if you are not used to it.You can then tweek the frame to the door if the frame legs arn't streight.When the door works and equal gap all arount then fix your architraves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back