Doorstep on tiled porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Help please

Newbie here I wondered if I could obtain some advice. We've just tiled my porch walls and are wanting to tile the floor. I've just had a tiler out as we don't really have the confidence to do the floor due to needing them on a slant so the rain rolls down.

Anyway I think we've messed up as the tiler says to get the tiles level with the edge of the step we need to take some concrete out and then self level it and lay the tiles on top of the self levelling - but theres the phone wire in the concrete and I dont think we can lower it (the wire) without taking all he tiles off the walls

Anyway my issue is there is a sort of lip where the tiles will end and the step (I hope this makes sense)
My query is would it be possible to build the doorstep up to meet the lip so its flat. I though someone once said something to me about tanking the doorstep and I took that to mean building it up in some way

Please can yo help is anything possible s it doesnt look odd with the step then the tile lip then the floor

Thanks in advance

Vicky

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back