doorstep disintegration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My doorsteps are built on brick with concrete slabs on to with the top step tiles. Over the harch winter the 'quarry' tiles have just fell of and let water n frost into the top step.

Ive removed the tiles and the top step has crumbled and is now uneven and still crumbly.

I want to re-tile the top step but its not possible while the concrete step is in such bad condition.

What should I do? Get top step relevelled with concrete ?? How much wd that cost?

help !!

Sponsored Links
what are the dimension of the step and how much is damaged?
It would be hard to just put a thin rapair on the damaged area as it will in time just come away again. Might be worth considering a new step!

It would probably be cheaper too, building a new step, rather than try to repair something that has disintegrated with the weather.

Sponsored Links
Step dimensions are about 1m X 1m by 0.30m thick

How much would a new step cost ??

Ta

That's a fair old size!
you're be best contacting a loacl pre-cast company or three, to get the idea of costs.
They normally charge by the cubic metre or cubic foot.

PBD

It's only 0.3 m3. Don't think ready-mix cos will be interested in that at an acceptable price.

PBD

It's only 0.3 m3. Don't think ready-mix cos will be interested in that at an acceptable price.
It's ten cubic foot, 637 kgs, try lifting that!
Quite a size for a household step.
I think I would go down the route of building some form work and pouring in situ, will work out cheaper.

1 m = 3.2808 foot... ( my bad.. for some reason I managed to write 3 foot 3 and a third as 3.34... oops.. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back