Dormer Build has commenced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Few weeks back I reported my neighbour had builders in starting work on his dormer. They ripped tiles off in no time and seem to be in mad rush. Then the great big RSJ 200mm X 200mm X 4 meter long arrived. The delivery driver struggled to get it off his wagon and 8 bodies draged it into drive. Then work stopped. I was told by one builder the RSJ is so big it can demolish the roof. That RSJ is now begining to rust in drive and the work has commenced without it.

This afternoon I noticed the openings for the two windows is too big compared to other dormers in my area. There is a distinct possibilty these lot may peep into peoples gardens. One neighbour behind me has fitted obscure glass in his dormer windows.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a question?

In case you're worried, glass can be retro 'obscured' using various methods.

I recall your previous thread on the subject, that one was just as confusing!

Let me clarify if I can. Is there regulations on how big the dormer windows can be. Looking at the openings at nighbours dormer windows they appear to be on the large side compared to other dormer windows back of us. Eight can be seen from our garden.

Sponsored Links

Let me clarify if I can. Is there regulations on how big the dormer windows can be. Looking at the openings at nighbours dormer windows they appear to be on the large side compared to other dormer windows back of us. Eight can be seen from our garden.

thats very good clarification, ever thought of being an mp? :LOL:

thats very good clarification, ever thought of being an mp? :LOL:

Yeah I have thought of putting my name forward. You are made once you become an MP. Get/Earn (delete which doesn't apply) good wage and perks.

"" Get/Earn (delete which doesn't apply) good wage and perks"""

That'll be GET then. Please delete Earn. :)

"" Get/Earn (delete which doesn't apply) good wage and perks"""

That'll be GET then. Please delete Earn. :)
My local MP claimed for his two London homes as well Nine apple macs yes 9 in the financial year 08/09. Surely 2 or 3 macs could be understood but 9. Sadly he has been re-elected.

Back to the subject of dormers. How do you calculate the volume of a dormer. On my local councils website it says you are allowed 50 cu meter square of volume for dormer without need for permission.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back