Has my Architect been Negligent?

What's with all the glazing on the rear elevation? Is it a pub?

Is there any work to carry on with whilst all the bureaucratic issues are being sorted or has the job had to stop as a result?

Sponsored Links
It was actually written in bold so you could see my replies more clearly.
Just a tip, you can do multiple quote blocks quite easily. Not sure about using the formatting buttons, I'm kind of used to just typing (or copy/paste) the codes as another forum I use doesn't have a very good editor. It's just a matter of adding the quote and /quote tags around the right bits like this :

Actually, when the different bits you are replying to are all in the same post, then it's more a case of breaking up the original quote by adding /quote before you reply to turn off the quoting, and then add quote after your reply to continue the original quote.
Bit trickier combining quotes from different messages, that needs a bit of copy/paste between windows/tabs.

What's with all the glazing on the rear elevation? Is it a pub?
Another other the Architects amendments without our consent.

Is there any work to carry on with whilst all the bureaucratic issues are being sorted or has the job had to stop as a result?
Asked the same question to the Architect and other than him swerving to give a straight answer it appears no we can't and yes the build has come to a complete halt.

Had the Architects around at 7am this morning and we are still none the wiser as to why they varied from the plans, other than to say they "tweaked" them. Engineer is shaking his head in disbelief along with many other's. IF we find out in the next 72 hours that we cant get on with the roof dormers that were approved we are going to take out a Professional Negligence claim against the Architect's firm. Crazy thing is they are a firm of 4 very qualified Architects and came recommended from our Engineer, who as I said can't believe what they've done.

Sponsored Links
Update:

Architect this morning has also asked us as his "clients" to speak with the LPA and/or Enforcement officer regarding the issues and also show them the architects variation of drawings and find out if there's any area of the build we can continue on with.
Slightly bemused by this as it's surely the Architect that would be best to do this based on his going off from the approved plans?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back