Dormer window leaking into bathroom below?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, having massive problems with leaks from dormer into bathroom. First cherry picker sorted first leak as it was discovered some of the membrane was missing. Leaks continued in different places as there was high wind and rain last week. Second cherry picker this weekend replaced lead as it wasn't wide enough but a hose test showed slow drop leak again into bathroom :( . However on closer inspection of the window which spans area concerned a window cap was missing. We put cap on and roofer re-hosed - no issue. Cap removed and hose pointed at hole and drip, drip, drip. How is this possible? I thought the caps were only for aesthetic purposes. Does this mean that that interior base of my window is cracked? I poured water into the drainage holes today but no drips. Feeling very confused as I assumed if I poured water directly into drainage holes the water would seep into bathroom. I don't understand the construction of upvc windows (having a blonde moment lol). Just seems strange. Cherry picker going Mon but roofer coming back to hose again same day so why am I so worried about this? Actually I do know...£££££s. Any advice gratefully received. BTW the roofer has been excellent at working over 2 weekends and was recommended to me by roofing company I used in the past but were too busy to help out. I have photos of the dormer and work in progress but am really starting to panic if a leak reappears as I currently have no bathroom - well just a toilet that I manually flush with jug as this was only discovered during start of bathroom refurbishment. Any insight gratefully received. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back