Dot and dab adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can I stick plasterboard to walls using multi finish or is it worth buying proper adhesive?

Cheers, Camerart

Sponsored Links
If you have a small area, yes, but it's not ideal. It dries too quickly and you can't play with it as much so the board may become loose

For anything over a couple of metres, or a patch then get the adhesive for the sake of a few quid

I wouldnt use it, as times out of ten it dries to quickly and dont stick. Buy a bag of adhesive, wrap it up and keep it for future projects...

I wouldnt use it, as times out of ten it dries to quickly and dont stick. Buy a bag of adhesive, wrap it up and keep it for future projects...

Thanks both of you.

I'll get adhesive then. From what you say it takes longer to go off, which is good for me.

I have 6 full boards to fix.

Is it ok to mix one bag, use it and then mix the nest bag without cleaning the bucket and tools?

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
get all the boards cut first so they will all fit, then knock up.

get all the boards cut first so they will all fit, then knock up.

Ok, so I knock up, then run out. Can knock up again in the same bucket without cleaning the first lot out and the tools?

Cheers, Camerart.

If you can't be arsed to clean ur tools then that's your problem. Personally, for all the time it would take to mix the adhesive, I wouldn't bother either :LOL:

Right get the boards cut, remember they are going to be half inch or so foward off the wall.

Knock up a bucket, and use it. You dont need to go overboard with it you dont need tons of it on. After half an hour or so, it may start going a bit hard in the bucket, if not dont worry but you may have done it all by then, if it does, then knock it back up with a little water.

As for cleaning-you should always clean everything once its empty. When the bucket is empty, clean it thoroughly, as if you were going to drink out of it, then knock up more if needed.

As for your tools, you scrape off the excess while your doing it and flick it back in the bucket. If they are getting sticky and clogged up, wash them.

Always keep your tools and buckets clean. Dont worry about the floor, you can clean that at the end.

If you can't be a***d to clean ur tools then that's your problem. Personally, for all the time it would take to mix the adhesive, I wouldn't bother either :LOL:

I can be a***d to clean my tools. All I wanted to know was do professionals clean them in between mixes, or does the first mix send the second off faster.

So I did clean them, and it all stuck ok.

Right get the boards cut, remember they are going to be half inch or so foward off the wall.

Knock up a bucket, and use it. You dont need to go overboard with it you dont need tons of it on. After half an hour or so, it may start going a bit hard in the bucket, if not dont worry but you may have done it all by then, if it does, then knock it back up with a little water.

As for cleaning-you should always clean everything once its empty. When the bucket is empty, clean it thoroughly, as if you were going to drink out of it, then knock up more if needed.

As for your tools, you scrape off the excess while your doing it and flick it back in the bucket. If they are getting sticky and clogged up, wash them.

Always keep your tools and buckets clean. Dont worry about the floor, you can clean that at the end.

I did just as you say. Being and oldy it took 2 days, for a tiny room. And cleaned between buckets, that I could drink out of.

I bet you had this in the past. Where the last few holes at the end of the day with 1/2 a bucket of going off plaster, and your arms getting weaker and weaker. Anyway had a look today and it's still on the walls.

Thanks very much, Camerart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back