Double garage with office space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just discovered accidently that my neighbour plans to demolish a small shed 5ft from by boundary and put in a 2 storey timber frame double garage with dormer windows facing the front. I've received nothing from the local council, no orange planning application notice on the property and the neighbour hasn't informed us of the proposed development. My question is this, the building will be 5 ft from my boundary currently screened by a tall laurel hedges and 7 feet in total from the external wall of my property. The total height of the building will be 6.2 metres (20ft) high and the dorma windows will be level with the velux windows of the main bedroom. Anyone had experience with these sorts of buildings before from commenting / objections apart from the obvious privacy objection. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If a planning application is in, you can normally comment online.

You need to just make your objections, and some may be valid and some not. The key thing it the impact on your use of your property (your amenity) and not so much your personal opinions.

Height, shadows and views from their windows may affect your use of the garden or home.

Affect on trees or the environment, drainage, bats, birds?

Usage once built, noise, comings and goings - possible renting out to lodgers, business use?

The Party Wall Act may apply if it comes to be built. That is nothing to do with planning, but you may have some control over how it is built and working times etc.

I seem to remember there's a colony of great crested newts in that particular spot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back