Double light swich being replaced with a double dimmer.

Sponsored Links
JohnW2";p="3216613 said:
John I'm not at home at the min, but where would I connect the earth in the backbox? ... Probably a really silly question
That back box is so crowded that it's quite difficult to see what's going on - but aren't those green/yellow-sleeved conductors connected to an earth terminal at the back of the box?

Kind Regards, John

I think so, if that is the case then I just connect it there ?

That back box is so crowded that it's quite difficult to see what's going on - but aren't those green/yellow-sleeved conductors connected to an earth terminal at the back of the box?
I think so, if that is the case then I just connect it there ?
Yes. As I said, ideally connect the earth conductors to the switch's faceplate and then also run a lead from there to that terminal in the back box - or, if that's difficult/impossible, leave the earth conductors where they are (connected to the back box terminal) and run a lead also from there to the switch plate.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back