Double sided bolt for Cattery?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a cattery that is attached to back of house

We tend to get to out cars by going through the garden....saves us a walk....

What i require is a way to have a bolt that opens from inside and outside...so we can enter when we want.

Cats cant open it so not a problem...

Reason.... if wife comes home, locks door and goes for shower...i cant get in via the back,,,and wouldnt risk the front door as there could be a risk the cats run out....

any ideas?

dont really want to use yale lock

somehow of having a bolt that opens both sides

timber posts are 1 inch thick for door frame

Sponsored Links
Hi

Its just a normal 6m by 2m cattery

It has a bespoke door built that swings out....hinge etc....
Has a bolt on the outside of the door to shut it
Inside has a wedge you turn to shut from inside

but i want a door that u can open from in or out

Sponsored Links
a rimlock can be fitted to the surface of the door, and operated by key from either side.

A rim sashlock does that and also has a latch operated by a knob or handle.

p4774016_l.jpg

The lock is not burglar-proof but the sort of thing you might use on a shed or side gate. They are available from any DIY shed or locksmith for a few pounds

Screwfix have some brass ones on clearance; I don't know if they're solid brass, but if they are, they would not rust.

p1201693_l.jpg

Try researching Espagnolette bolts. Am sure you could knock one up with a bit of jiggery pokery - maybe from an old up-and-over garage door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back