Double socket in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double socket in my new bathroom(for boiler) and need to remove it in exchange for a flex outlet. Adding cable through wall behind double socket for switched spur, instead of bathroom outlets.

Can you buy flex outlets as doubles, as I need to blank off one side of the double socket? The other side for boiler flex.

Sponsored Links
I don't think so - at least I've not seen any.

Might be best to change back box for a dual and then fit two plates.

Presumably you're aware of 'zones' in bathroom where you can and can't put accessories?

Sponsored Links
The boiler is inside a wooden cabinet, so this should satisfy the regulations I would hope.
Apart from that I am doing something other house holders would just leave because it works already!

Or boilers, for that matter...

Thats not a very constructive comment. When did I say I was digging around inside the boiler??? derr!

Too many hang-overs during a bank holiday me thinks?

I did not say you were.

I was hoping that your boiler was a suitable IP rating for mounting in bathrooms, many are not and some are not recommended for siting in cupboards either.

Manufacturers will tell you if it suitable for its location.

As for "derr", what a nice man you are. Kindly leave your offensive comments in your mind.

Or boilers, for that matter...

Thats not a very constructive comment. When did I say I was digging around inside the boiler??? derr!

Too many hang-overs during a bank holiday me thinks?

I did not say you were.

I was hoping that your boiler was a suitable IP rating for mounting in bathrooms, many are not and some are not recommended for siting in cupboards either.

Manufacturers will tell you if it suitable for its location.

As for "derr", what a nice man you are. Kindly leave your offensive comments in your mind.

My applogies, I took the defensive position because of my experience in the plumbing & heating forum (which is a brutal place)!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back