Double Socket

Would that be the same ones that do not see anything wrong with twisting two or more solid conductors together?
Although it`s unlikely anyone would actually class it as an actual defect it nevertheless winds me up to see such things done. I don`t mind seeing light twists of seven stranded etc or even more so of flex to keep it tidy then inserting as one would a solid conductor(s) and yes even then doubling if you feel it appropriate to do (so long as you consider the clamping area under the screw takes the actual pressure and you leave about the same amount either end to avoid crush force to the fold.
I don't have an issue with folding over, some of the older sockets had quite thin screws and the wire being pushed to one side with only the slightest pressure caused many a hot spot. For the same reason I sit on the fence with twisting conductors together and equally I'd never dream of putting separate ferrules on 2 stranded wires into one terminal.
1707065897600.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
yes i think i agree on that one although i suppose it could be ok in reality depending on how it`s done. sounds like we pretty much on the same page i think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back