Double Story Exstension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all looking for some information
Regarding possibly doing double story Extension

Question 1
as photo where back gate is and garden wall would I be able to knock this down and build my extension roughly 2.7 meter in width along the wall line and replace the wall and put the gate to rear off the garden would knock the wall down and redo footings to spec etc
Question 2
there a drain roughly 750cm deep 4 inch line in clay manhole centre off the garden being the last serving property is this drain my own would I still need a build over agreement or is the drain more less my own and I can do what I like with it.
it will be Roughly running along the footings inside the property I was thinking would they let me put slow bend i.e 15 degree bend on the main line and bridge the drain where it goes threw the neighbours garden where it will come out the footing also replace my line in plastic this is a combined Drain also takes both my top water and foul See pic 2

Sponsored Links
Any one have any ideas thank you again for your time

I'm not an expert, but as no-one else has responded i'll offer my opinion.

Question 1
as photo where back gate is and garden wall would I be able to knock this down and build my extension roughly 2.7 meter in width along the wall line and replace the wall and put the gate to rear off the garden would knock the wall down and redo footings to spec etc

As you are building on the boundary/wall line of a public footpath I believe you'd need planning permission whatever the size of the extension. I don't know what rules there are regarding a builder working on the extension/foundations that close to the path/road. It sounds like a logistical nightmare to me, but maybe someone else will offer a different opinion.

Thank you for your input I didn’t even think about the public footpath until said I suppose I’d have to try obtain permission for scaffolding and everything else. Looks like moving might be the only option

Sponsored Links
On your drawing, what is the existing house and what is the proposed extension?

Hiya woody the drainage drawing would be the extension the main line is roughly 2.7 meters from my rear wall off house with single chamber one pipe coming out picking up my internal soil stack. If that make sense

You can build it up to the boundary, single storey up to 3m (should your PD rights be intact on the property)

Two storey will require planning permission.

Speak with your local water authority or perhaps the Local Council to see whether or not the drains will require a build over agreement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back