Dowels/Plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a countersink and plug maker that I have used to make good the screw holes in my new wooden oak floor. I have all the countersinks drilled all over the floor (about 200 of them) but only have a couple of the plugs made (which fit perfectly)

Now someone has lifted my tools so I need to replace the plug maker I had before. I remember the last one being a 10mm (or size 10, or gauge 10 or something) so I bout a 10 one. When I got this home and made a plug, it didnt fit, I measured it and the existing holes are about 10.5mm. My new pugs were exactly 10. Does anyone know where I could get a better match.

I had thought about getting a new, bigger countersink with a matching plug maker but the existing holes have screws in them into concrete and this would mean taking all these up again.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
If my 1/2" Veritas one is anything to go by the taper on a 3/8" cutter will not be enough to make up an extra 1.0mm, they tend to just taper the first third of the plug.

Jason

The old fashioeb way used to be to get a turner to turn you up some plug strips from cross graiend timber

Scrit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back