Down pipe in line with new conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

DSCF4244.jpg

My problem is im nearly at the point of having a conservatory but the one full hieght wall will be where this pipe comes down the wall, i cant seem to see were this pipe goes maybe it goes under the slabs decking to the soil pipe hiden in wall in house 3 odd meters from it or is it a soak away im not sure. What would be the best solution for this any ideas kindly recieved i would like to have a go at doing this myself along with the conserv.

Thanks for your time

Lee

Sponsored Links
It looks like a surface (rain) water pipe is it connected to the guttering at the top? You’re going to have to replace/re-route it; it will most likely be in the way of cons footings & the guys digging them out will most likely rip straight through it in any case. If it’s surface water, you can terminate the down pipe just above the cons roof & using one or more elbows, discharge into the cons perimeter guttering & run another down pipe at the front corner or the cons to take the water away to a new soak away, a good idea to accommodate the cons water drain off anyway. I would ensure that whoever you get the install the cons, includes for digging & piping a new soak away unless you fancy the grafting after it’s all completed. New soak away’s must be 5m from the property & strictly speaking are subject to Building Regulation & inspection.

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for the info this is something i mislaid untill now, yes it links from the roof guttering what a great idea about the soakaway from the cons i will go through the correct channels to get this done correct.

Cheers

Lee

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

ok done some inspecting this afternoon im going to do this conserv myself so i decided to dig and see were the down guttering ended up.

The findings are as follows looking at the pics it comes in line were the conserv footing will be so the plan is to cut into this ceramic pipe just of the new conserv and tap into that, unlucky for me it does not go to the man hole cover it goes striaght over it instead oh well never mind.

My question is do i buy a ceramic elbow or plastic if thats what you can get? and do i just cut the pipe how ever thats done? and slip the new one on and then add the new down pipe to that. Any advice and tips would be kindly recieved.

DSCF4245.jpg

DSCF4246.jpg

DSCF4247.jpg

Thanks for your time

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back