downlighters and insulation

Sponsored Links
1. ELV lighting supplies are typically marked 11.8 volts AC out, minimum 'x' VA, maximum 'y' VA. No mention is made of the fact that the frequency is many kHz square wave. Calling it a transformer would lead one to assume the output is a 50Hz sine wave. Virtually any intelligent person would be confused without proper markings.

2. It probably would not work.
My apologies, Winston - I obviously didn't explain myself clearly. I asked you to feel free to be realistic, credible, and intelligent when replying, but for some reason you didn't.

So I will try again, and hopefully this time you will understand.

1. What sort of person would have the knowledge that a transformer would deliver an AC supply and also be unable to understand the markings on an ELV lighting supply?
  2. What sort of person would have that knowledge, and be confused by seeing an ELV lighting supply referred to as a transformer?
  3. What danger would arise if they used an ELV lighting supply when they should have used an alternating one?
When answering those questions, please provide realistic, credible and intelligent answers.

Reading your reply, though, I wonder if we can see where the root of your problem in answering lies?

Virtually any intelligent person would be confused without proper markings.
Are you perhaps labouring under the misapprehension that you are an intelligent person, and that therefore because you are confused, virtually any intelligent person would also be?

If so, I don't know how to break this to you gently, so I won't try.

You are not intelligent - you are ATAS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back