Downlighters with larger(longer) clamp springs

As requested the outcome. I should have taken pictures but anyway, the Aurora lights with the adjustable springs worked, in so far as it could cope withthe double ceiling thickness and lath. However the ceiling had been so badly damaged that the collar didnt really hide the mess.

I tried to find a hole converter with adjustable springs suitable for bathroom use but no luck on the spring front and prices for the standard fit bathroom rated converters where going up to around £40 a piece with VAT.

In the end i suggested replacing the downlights with a central surface mount directional cluster which covered the one hole and a plasterer to fill in the other two holes .

The owner went for this and from a light distribution point of view its a much better solution.

Thanks for your help though at least i know these springs work in this type of situation.

STI - let us know the outcome ie what worked in the end, it'll be useful for future reference

SB

PS Nearly typed STD there.... Freudian slip, eh??

Sponsored Links
Hey STI - thanks for the update.

Ban - great pic - the missus lets you go out on Thursdays like that, eh?

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back