downpipe discharging onto roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a dormer extension done to our house. It has a flat roof on top of the dormer and then a small pitched area below the windows of about 4 courses of concrete tiles. There was no gutter on the flat roof so the water was dripping all across the window cills and the pitched roof. I have know put a gutter along the fascia of the flat roof, and i need to run a downpipe down, but can only run it onto the picthed element to discharge it (no where else it can go because of the roof and conservatory at the back etc etc. Is it worth putting any sort of lead flashing under the point where it discharges?

Sponsored Links
Just an idea, I've done one a couple of year ago and the client didn't a want downpipe showing and the only way I could do it was to run gutter on all side then use 135 degree piece where it hit onto the pitch roof (lead flashing behind it) so the rain continue to the lower pitch roof gutter.

thats exactly what i had in mind masona, just wasnt sure if putting a flashing with it was ott, but i think ill er on the safe side.

Many thanks as always ;)

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
Is it worth putting any sort of lead flashing under the point where it discharges?

Not really, the roof should be waterproof already!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back