Downpipe misaligned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into the house last December and I am slowly working my way through a list of things to do ( I suspect that the people who built the house possessed neither a tape measure or spirit level!).

Anyway, latest issue is this that I found when clearing some overgrown vegetation at the side of the house. I have bought (cobbled together) enough fittings to compensate for the offset between the wall and the drain but as you can see the downpipe is also offset left to right from the drain opening.

Easiest option would seem to be to reposition the brackets on the downpipe so that it aligns with the drain (even though it would then be at an angle to vertical) - seems like a bit of a bodge.

Or I suppose try and move the drain opening so that it aligns with the downpipe position but that seems like it could be a lot of work and I am not sure if it is even possible to do that.

Any opinions or other options welcome.

Thanks

IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1391.JPG IMG_1392.JPG IMG_1394.JPG

Sponsored Links
Just put a square to round convertor on the down pipe and then use round fittings to connect the down pipe to the drain opening. You can then pivot the bends to any angle you need.

Sponsored Links
Dig up the drain and kick it over.
Looking at the positioning of those d/p brackets, I don't think the op will ever get them correctly aligned. Swan neck seems sensible but we use the rubber sleeve adaptors ('sock') as they are more flexible.

Looking at the positioning of those d/p brackets, I don't think the op will ever get them correctly aligned. Swan neck seems sensible but we use the rubber sleeve adaptors ('sock') as they are more flexible.

To me it looks like a 90bend very shallow, no surface to reinstate, very quick and easy dig. Would make sense to fit a gully at ground level and have the rainwater pipe go straight down into it.

Where abouts in Cheshire are you?

Thanks for all the replies,

I went with the suggestion from Lower in the end, seemed like to easiest option and used round fittings.

Attachments

• IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    649.9 KB · Views: 255

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back