Backed up rainwater downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just moved into a new house that's been empty for months. First hard rain and noticed the water pouring over the gutters - on inspection, the downpipe was backing up from where it disappears into the ground (its concreted in). Any suggestions on clearing it?

Also, there's a huge drain (that is open) that takes my waste from the sinks, any reason I couldn't move the downpipe to send the rainwater down there?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I wonder if these are iron pipes, or plastic.

Photos please, and a drawing of the plan of your house, the drains and manholes.

Hi John, Plastic pipes however the end section going into the ground is iron I believe. Can supply the rest when I get home tonight. Cheers

Sponsored Links
There is a good chance the plastic pipe is just slotted into the old cast iron rain water pipe
and if you undo the brackets on the plastic pipe then you might be able to pull out the
plastic pipe and see whats need clearing out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back