Downstairs Loo Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm currently looking at buying a house and the only thing it doesn't have from my list is a downstairs loo/cloakroom.

BUT it does have a good obvious space for it (going back for second viewing later to measure it but I'm pretty sure it meets the 70 x 130 minimum).

The thing I'm less sure about is plumbing, I've read around quite a bit but just not up to speed enough to understand if it's workable. So the yellow area is the space I'm talking about.
Capture.PNG

and here's the back of the house (looking at the kitchen extension) which shows the existing plumbing.

Capture2.PNG

Does this look workable or is it too far from the existing plumbing?

Any advice/thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Does this look workable or is it too far from the existing plumbing?

Pretty much anything is doable at a cost. You'll need to find a nearby soil stack/vent (that might be one on the upper floor wall) or you may need to do some digging outside for a soil connection.

I'm guessing the area is off a utility room . Where is the upstairs bathroom in relation to ground floor . Is there a vent pipe through the roof from existing WC ?

Pretty much anything is doable at a cost. You'll need to find a nearby soil stack/vent (that might be one on the upper floor wall) or you may need to do some digging outside for a soil connection.

Ok I'll see what I can see when we view again. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing the area is off a utility room . Where is the upstairs bathroom in relation to ground floor . Is there a vent pipe through the roof from existing WC ?

The upstairs bathroom is above the kitchen, in the image of the back of the house it's the top right window. I'm not too sure where that pipe up there goes when it hits the extension, I'll try to have a look on second viewing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back