DP control switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a chrome do control switch for a dishwasher. All of sudden the switch wont go down. This has been working for years. Will this be down to a loose faulty cable ?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't think so. Nothing lasts for ever.

New switch time - if you can't get a new one put the pairs of wires in the same terminals so the DW is permanently on.

Sounds like the switch has failed, may have been caused by loose connection getting hot or just wear and tear

I wouldn't think so. Nothing lasts for ever.

New switch time - if you can't get a new one put the pairs of wires in the same terminals so the DW is permanently on.
What do you mean the same terminals? I've had a look and it looks like that's how its wired already

Sponsored Links
Not the best but the wires are really stiff

Attachments

• 20200509_145610.jpg
    20200509_145610.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 20200509_145634.jpg
    20200509_145634.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 165
Power off, of course.

Put the single red in with the two other reds, and
put the single black in with the two other blacks.

Cheers for that. I guess that just bypasses the switch function?

Mark the singles so that when (if) you replace the switch you will know which cable is the cable to the dishwasher

He has nothing else to do in lockdown Portugal. Here in the UK We are ever so busy, asleep in the garden.

The rules were relaxed a bit on Monday.

Almost as confusing as the UK, though.

If only I played golf, surfed or just exercised I could go out more. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back