Dpf additive tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Noticed something hanging off of my van (fiat Scudo) and it turns out to be connected to the additive tank? On this smaller tank there are two pipes which run to a small plastic manifold of some kind. The plastic but has been bouncing off of the road whilst driving and is pretty mangled. I've cable tied it up out the way and there are no warning lights but to think I may have lost some of the additive.
Took the van to a local chap who reckons it's a job for Fiat and wasn't sure what the plastic section was for? Maybe filling the tank? Doesn't look like it connects to anything?
Just looking for an idea of what it does and how much it's likely to cost?
Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
image.png Found this picture online which shows the plastic bit connected to the two pipes if that helps

I'm pretty sure that is the header tank for the eloys fluid reservoir which should be alongside your diesel tank - I believe they should be recharged (and electronically reset) at about 80k miles. I don't think there are warning lights on this (Peugeot) system, unlike the Adblue types.
Personally I would visit your dealer for this one, but do get a price quote first!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's the Eolys tank, and yes, they need to be replenished about 70-80,000 miles depending on how the car is used. They're peculiar to PSA vehicles (or vehicles that use PSA-derived engines). The Scudo is actually a Peugeot Expert. Unlike AdBlue, Eolys isn't essential to maintain emissions performance. It just helps the particulate filter (DPF) to regenerate periodically. Tinky amounts are mixed in with the fuel by a small pump. If you disturb them, you need to prime the line again - which is likely to need a Peugeot / Fiat / Citroen dealer to put it into a special mode to run the Eolys pump. Unfortunately, Eolys is eye-wateringly expensive!

Back