DPM and DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my previous post. How do I attach the DPM to the DPC?

DPC is quite high (pic 1).

The sketch is what I plan to do. DPM, insulation, then screed but unclear on how to attach the DPM to the wall

Does it go to the DPC (if so how do you join them), does it go above the DPC or stay below it?

Finally, how would I then attach plasterboard to the wall without puncturing the DPM?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Im no builder but have a similar situation on my proposed extension.
where is the ground level outside in relation to dpc?
Option a is best but usually carried out while building the wall. other wise if you didn't run the dpm up the wall when you come to plasterboard etc you will bridge the dpc and get damp.
reason I ask where ground level is if it just below that dpc course might need tanking? Not sure but sure a builder will have the answer. cheers

Why not draw lines on a pic of the wall indicating the FFL and the DPC position?

Sponsored Links
Ground level outside is the same as the garage floor to the front, back and one side. Other side is the external wall of the house, floor is just above the DPC. Think the reason the DPC is so high is that the garage is below the floor level of the house.

I can see that ideally the 2 would be done at the same time, but garage conversions must solve this issue somehow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back