Dr who, did you see it

B

breezer

I thought it was good, but it was a remake of an origonal story with jon pertwee, although it was obviously a shotened version.

what do you think?

Sponsored Links
heard the music (glad to hear its not changed) ran into the lounge to watch it and i have to say its pretty much as i remember it....wishy washy and weak but ok if youre 10 (my mental age) but billy pipers boobs were nice! (still cant beat tom baker and k9.....would you like a jelly baby?)
still it was the first one so i suppose they had to leave it simple to introduce the characters (every time i saw the boyfriend i kept expecting to see jimmy nail come around the corner!) :D

Sponsored Links
I thought it was quite good, it is a hard act for them to follow, and I dare say it will take a few episodes to get the feel back.

I just wish that one of the aliens has a clothes disintegrator and fires it..constantly...at Billy Piper

Chris Evans...you lucky lucky Git!!

I didnt see it, and i agree Tom Baker mad as a hater but the best Dr who, and i remember them all from the beginning and still remember getting Dr Who Annuals in my xmas pillow as a kid.

Question------In the early 80's when a blonde curly haired fella was Dr Who who i thought was quite good, he had a side kick, dark hair in a short skirt who shall we say filled a sweater admirably, :LOL: ----who was she and what happened to her.???????????

No body mentions these 2 whenever they mention the old Dr Who

...at Billy Piper

Chris Evans...you lucky lucky Git!![/quote]

Consistant arent we :D

breezer said:
you have obviously missed the news while you were away, they split in 2004 see here (2nd from bottom)

Cheers Breezer, that really cheered me up..now I just need to call her uncle :)

err, don't want to interupt your high brow appreciation of the female form, but alright if I join the discussion boys?

Thought it was good for a first episode, made me laugh out loud a few times. Loved the use of the London eye as a source of evil control waves. But I thought the music HAD changed. It was all the same but somehow a bit smoother and quieter. Or is that just my hearing going? I said "OR IS THAT JUST MY HEARING GOING?"

Didn't see all of it, but most.

You couldn't remember if the music had changed? Certainly it had. I did not hear enough to tell which I like best. I can not remember when they last changed it?

I agree, made me laugh too. They have had shop dummies before but I could not tell you what the plot was previously...beyond the obvious baddie is foiled. I thought there was a lot of bringing it up to date, particularly in the special effects.

Dr who seemed a bit odd in the trailers but came across nicely when the program was seen as a whole. Good fun. Not a live rodent eaten anywhere.

Freddie said:
I didnt see it, and i agree Tom Baker mad as a hater but the best Dr who, and i remember them all from the beginning and still remember getting Dr Who Annuals in my xmas pillow as a kid.

Question------In the early 80's when a blonde curly haired fella was Dr Who who i thought was quite good, he had a side kick, dark hair in a short skirt who shall we say filled a sweater admirably, :LOL: ----who was she and what happened to her.???????????

No body mentions these 2 whenever they mention the old Dr Who
I agree with you!!!! she was a yank and had great fenders I think there,s a website out there with all the past cast try a google:cool:

Tom Baker was excellent, but my favourite was John Pertwee..he really was Dr Who..

I suppoose that shows my age!! :D

FWL_Engineer said:
Tom Baker was excellent, but my favourite was John Pertwee..he really was Dr Who..

I suppoose that shows my age!! :D

With you there dude...creak :D

**** me Richard agreed with me----have i done something wrong??? is the world going to end???? has hell frozen over????

who cares just find out he name so i can have a nice dream tonight :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back