Drain connection to main run.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quickie if I can please. I discovered some of the clay pipes on my property have been leaking and causing damp, so now I have the weather I’ve been exposing them to repair. I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone and add a sink to my workshop as I can dig a new drain. However, the connection for this to the main run can only be made from the top. I have two drains, foul and storm, and they run side by side but the foul is the opposite side to the workshop and sits lower.

There’s not enough room to come under the storm drain so would have to come over off a swept tee. Will this be ok, or am I going to have issues with building control later down the line as I’m going to alter some runs for a new extension as well as I’m down there.

It’s only a sink so hand washing water, no solids so should never block and I can put a rodding point in, pipe is straight with no other bends except for this joining Tee.

33C52341-AA9E-4264-BEF2-47A5A653AA0B.jpeg

Sponsored Links
The depth of the trench suggests you could angle the waste over the storm pipe and connect direct to the top of the foul as long as your careful back filling. Otherwise go for it.

Blup

The depth of the trench suggests you could angle the waste over the storm pipe and connect direct to the top of the foul as long as your careful back filling. Otherwise go for it.

Blup
That was my initial idea to come upwards with a swept tee and an elbow, maybe a 30 or 45 if I’m lucky to drop in. It was this ‘dropping in’ that I wasn’t sure would pass with BC. Cheers for the reply, I can crack on now :)

If it's a shared sewer, i.e. more than just you using it, you'll need permission from the Water Company before doing anything.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back