Drain nightmare!

My advice for the quickest and best way to resolve the problems is to arrange a site meeting with your architect and BCO to discuss and resolve the issues. There's possibly more then you've realised.

Take notes at that meeting 'cos you probably won't remember it all.
List the items for discussion and list the resolutions.

BCO won't mind and it won't cost you anymore.
Architect should have built contingency in fees.

Thats fine and i have done that, BC application only just gone in as planning just passed last couple of days.

The main concern was that i would have to fit a new external soil stack because i would have to re-run all my internal waste pipes to it. Creating more work and more cost.

Is a solution possible without having to install a new external soil stack?

Sponsored Links
Thats fine and i have done that, BC application only just gone in as planning just passed last couple of days.
So you don't yet know if you're footings are acceptable? All the more reason to expose the drain runs and allow architect/BCO to inspect.

Is a solution possible without having to install a new external soil stack?

I believe so. It'll mean at least one new IC if there's not one available currently, possibly two.
One, possibly for the change of direction of the soil run, and one for the new connection, away from the footings, to the main drain.

I dont know about the footing been correct yet as ive only just started digging, to find the mass of pipework.

I have been digging to the spec given by my architect then seen as i found clay so soon i was confident that 750mm would be deep enough (hit clay about 200mm down)

What do you do about drainage pipes that are in the 750mm footings i have dug?

I know that any pipe below that can be built over with bridges to support the concreate above .

ALL proposed foundations directly above drain pipes must be dug deeper than the drain invert.

Any drains that pass through the foundations/masonry can be either bridged, shuttered or surrounded in compressible material.

Sponsored Links
What do you do about drainage pipes that are in the 750mm footings i have dug?

I know that any pipe below that can be built over with bridges to support the concreate above .

ALL proposed foundations directly above drain pipes must be dug deeper than the drain invert.

Any drains that pass through the foundations/masonry can be either bridged, shuttered or surrounded in compressible material.

That sounds like it possible that it can be worked around v's replaced the whole soil stack.

My main fear was having to run a new soil stack and having to repipe my just finished bathroom.

Thanks everyone :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back