Drain off Valve leaking after system drained for new boiler - advice please!

G P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Apologies I am not very technical am just hoping for some advice please! Had a new boiler fitted and the system was drained to do the work, then afterwards the drain off valve was leaking. The guys came back and fitted a new washer, they are charging me for this, and I just wanted to double-check that this seems right please? There wasn't any issue before they drained the system, and I've read on other forums that it's good practice to change the washer proactively when the system is drained?
Would really welcome any thoughts / advice - thank you!

Sponsored Links
As an installer I regard old drainoff valves with suspicion and if one leaks after I've touched it it's my job to fix.

• Thanks
Reactions: G P
Old ones usually do leak when they are opened and then closed. Those "installers" should have know that and either replaced it during the job or repaired it for free. As polesapart says.

• Thanks
Thank you so much for your replies, I really appreciate it so much! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Non chargeable .The leak was due to them not replacing the washer. as previous post

• Thanks
tell them to do one , it would be a reasonable expectation that an old draincock would leak and it would have been doing it straight away from them closing it they should have checked it before leaving

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back