Drain point for Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyone that can advise me.

I'm working along on my first fix for my radiator CH in a new extension which will have it's own boiler and need to install a drain point. My problem is there is not a nearby drain outside and I would not want to discharge the liquid onto the new paths we've laid around the property and onto the new turf, recently laid.

I have an underfloor 110mm drain just below one of the traps in one of the rooms and the CH pipes nearby. Is it permissable to T off a 22mm isolator off either the supply or return (which is best?) and connect it via a bit of clear pipe two hosetails and a glued strap on boss into the main drain or does this break the rules.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
We do but it would end up being quite a run with almost no fall to the nearest point to discharge, hence wondering whether to do something other than the drain point at the bottom of an outside wall.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back