Drain pointing cement tone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm attempt to match the Yellowish paving colour with the pointing cement using Motartone Buff colour but its not working as the photo shows.

What cement mix would I need to match the paving colour?

full

Sponsored Links
Thanks for posting.

So Snowcrete mixed with soft sand (which is yellow) and buff mortar added to get the colour?

building sand would probably be easier to match the colour with .
you wont need much dye . trial and error

Sponsored Links
It seems the most cost effective way is to get a 25kg bag of snowcrete.

So none goes to waste, can white cement be used like portland grey stuff for other cementing/concrete jobs?

Yes you can use snowcrete for your other jobs as it has similar properties to normal Portland grey cement..just whiter.

I have some red tile roof pointing to do as well so perhaps white cement in ideal. Until starting this thread, I didn't know it existed but then, I'm not a builder.

Before you take it up,try spraying some bleach on surface to dull it down a bit, it will also weather in time,so not as noticeable.

Our local plastering sand (fine sharp sand) with ordinary grey portland cement dries to a closer colour than that. Id make a few test mixes up of various sands you can get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back