Drain Soakaway?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I had a blocked drain which was rainwater from the roof which was an old clay pipe I pulled out a hand full of roots from it but soon realised it was blocked further. To which I then dug down and removed the first clay section of pipe which was full of Roots (Ive attached some tree root pictures also) from a near by removed confier tree. The roots were entering the joint of the clay pipe. After removing 9 Sections of the clay pipe it has just stopped and no sign of a sewer at all? But talking with a neighbour he has said where the pipe has stopped he believes there is a sewer pipe which serves 3 Houses and then goes out to the street further down the road. I have been on to the water board to get plans but they dont have any records of the sewer location so my only guide is that of my neighbour so far. After I removed the final of the sections the clay turned into almost like a hole full of Crushed Blocks or aggregate (Ive attached a picture although its not to clear would people say this is an old soakaway? The house was built in 1963 if that helps at all. Do I dig a little further to locate the sewer the neighbour talks of or have I located an old soakaway keen on peoples thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• drain.PNG
    drain.PNG
    857 KB · Views: 110
  • Drain1.PNG
    Drain1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
Neighbour only 'believes', I'd want to bit a bit more certain before continuing to dig, otherwise where do you stop? Chances are you've found an old soakaway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back