Drain Worcerster 8000 for pipe change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move the existing radiator pipes due to an upstairs bathroom renovation as we are relocating them for the install of a new radiator.

I have isolated, drained and removed the radiator, however after mapping out the piping one of the pipes is long enough to be 'bent' to the new location as the pipe is over long, but the other pipe needs extending. I am note certain without experimenting which is inlet and which is return.

So a simple relocation has become a cutting of the pipe, and attaching the new pipe structure i have created quickly using a JG Speedfit straight coupler at the point of cutting and my new pipework.

My guess is, even with heating turned off, I will not be able to cut / cap without a mass of Bar 1.0 pressured water shooting out the pipe so I need to drain the boiler

However the pictures of the Worcester 8000 in the manual show the drain valve but it is literally not on device where they say it should be, it appears in a dotted circle but gives no guidance on where it is, and in every single video of plumbers ogling and stroking the Worcest 8000 is there not a single one who takes a breath and says 'now to drain, just attach this hear and pull this' and 'to fill it press this'

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 17.08.04.png

Can anyone advice please on the process you would follow to drain the system after turning it off.

Sponsored Links
From a ground floor drain cock or radiator .
So just shut the boiler down and drain from any radiator outlet (the one I plan to cut for example), do the work, and then just refill the boiler? Dont do any draining at the boiler itself?

Sponsored Links
Is the pipework you are going to cut into upstairs ? If so ,drain from a DOWNSTAIRS rad. You don't need to drain the boiler,or through the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back