How to turn off the hot water from a Worcester 8000 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am going to replace a pair of basin taps/faucets on a sink,
I know where the home's mains supply cold water stopcock is located
but I also need to turn off the hot water output from a Worcester 8000 boiler.
How should I do this (I have attached a photo of the input and output pipes)

From
John

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120_055835_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221120_055835_Gallery.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks,
And then if I unplug/turn-off the boiler and turn the taps on to drain any excess water to replace the taps,
do I simply turn the boiler back on (and the mains supply) to get everything back working?

Thanks,
And then if I unplug/turn-off the boiler and turn the taps on to drain any excess water to replace the taps,
do I simply turn the boiler back on (and the mains supply) to get everything back working?
Yes.

Sponsored Links
No need to turn the boiler off, just close the mans stop cock off and open the hot and cold taps, the heating will still work with the water turned off

Thanks 45yearsgasman
Thank Terryplumb
Thanks Ianmcd

Will I need an olive or plumbing tape on the thread of the new tap as it connects to the pipework or should it be water-tight by just screwing them together by hand?

That depends on the fittings.
Two separate taps would often be connected to rigid pipework with tap connectors that require a new fibre washer to be fitted. Other connectors like flexible hose tap connectors would have rubber seals.
Show us some pics of what you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back