Drainage issues

Sponsored Links
I can get some thin plastic sheet, cut to size and glue with solvent cement, block those unused gullies to see how it helps.
you can't solvent the plastic of the manhole - wrong type

No , it would be an idea I had considered before I suggested the hanging panel . Don't get too thin plastic - the water will hit it with some force and it may crack, then break off into the drain . Roofing screws ( tet screws? ) would be good ones I think

Sponsored Links
No , it would be an idea I had considered before I suggested the hanging panel . Don't get too thin plastic - the water will hit it with some force and it may crack, then break off into the drain . Roofing screws ( tet screws? ) would be good ones I think

I can get some 3mm plastic to cover that unused gully.

Can't find any of those blanking channels like Osma, even can't find those to buy.

Installed and works well. Still get some back flow, but at least not mounding up on the empty channel. Still wonder if a one way cable would help.
PXL_20210217_113440191.jpg PXL_20210217_113443875.jpg

Installed and works well.

@MalekoUK sorry for jumping on this thread, but I have the same issue and am planning on doing the same fix as you. Just wondering:

- I assumed the plastic was hollow, but since you were able to screw into it, and the screws are holding ok, I'm guessing it is solid?

- What did you use to drill into it? My drill is too big to be able to drill into where you put the screws, did you use one of those right angle attachments for your drill? Like https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeWalt-DEWDT71517T-Torsion-Attachment-Yellow/dp/B00ORMG6AA/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Right+Angle+Drill+Attachment&qid=1650577068&sr=8-5&th=1

- What size of screws did you use? I have 5.5x38mm or 5.5x32mm tek screws with washer I was planning to use.

Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back