Draining a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys im curious to know if there is anything on the market which you can buy which makes draining a radiator a bit more predictable. What I mean is you turn off the valves undo the radiator from the valve and the water starts to drain into the ice cream tub youve put underneath! Thats if your lucky ! most of the time ive drained radiators down and if the pipes come up through the floorboards the water rolls back and runs down the outside of the pipe under the floor boards so you have to get lots of cloths to mop the water up and wrap round the pipe or in other circumstances the pipework is that low that you cant get a bowl underneath it to catch the water.
I know theres a drain off valve for draining the complete system and you attach the hose but is there anything at all thats there for draining just rads or if not a less messier method of doing the job!

Sponsored Links
fit one of these.
1682_686844i.jpg

or use one of these.
drain-scoop-isorad.jpg

bit of a small pic.

the rectangle bit slips over the pipe.
then the black plastic strip slips into the groove where you slipped it round the pipe to seal it together.
then you put the tray under the arrowed end and open valve.
the plastic is shaped so the water runs down and into the tray.

Sponsored Links
thats brill exactly what i was looking for thanks for that any ideas where i can get them from and what they are called?

i found a video clip.

it comes with a tube gel to seal the round the pipe.
easier to use a bit of plumbers mait round the pipe.

BES pt n0 17754. about £7.00
never seen them in bbq as it says in the clip.

have used one a few times. they are reusable.
the tray was handy if anything as its shallow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back