Draining Combi Boiler Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It got a BIASI RIVA compact combi boiler. How do i got about drainig the central heating system? Does it just involve just closing the C.H Flow and return pipe and draining the radiators? or do i have to open the drain cock in boiler too?

Also i am planning of installing TRVs do i need to change anything in boiler for installing them?

Sponsored Links
Is it just the heating circuit you are draining?, if so its a hosepipe on the radiator drain valve and then opening one of the highest rad bleed screws when the pressure is released to let the air in and hence remaining water out

yes it just the heating circuit, i want to replace the rads valves. Does that mean i dont have to close the Flow and Return pipe on the boiler?

God yes, don't touch them for anything. You will probably find that you need to leave one radiator with no trv on by the way.

Sponsored Links
Thank you sir :) never tried this before so hope i dont get me house flooded

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back