Draining from the middle of a GRP roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at replacing the lead above a bay window with GRP (the lead has been mended a few times & the boards underneath have got a bit of a sag to them probably because of leaks over the years), there are a fair few cracks in the edges of the lead as well.

What I can't find anywhere is a way of replicating the current drainage from the bay which is a bit of 1" lead pipe welded to the middle of the lead sheet that disappears inside the bay 'roof' (there's about 400mm between boards and lath and plaster), reappears out the side of the bay and links to the downpipe from the main house guttering.

I've looked on t'interweb for a flat sheet with downpipe connector and not found any, I've made an experimental one that didn't work all that well- has anyone else found a way of doing this since I'd rather not have a massive gutter hanging off quite a good looking bay window.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Try roofing super store they will have an outlet to suit your needs then I would say replace the lead with a piece of rubber pipe.

Cheers chap, thought i'd checked them, must have another look. And think you're right about lead replacement- nice bit of 35mm flexible should do the job

Found them- odd looking things but they will bond to fibreglass (it says). Cheap enough as well- cheers

Sponsored Links
good luck There is a guy on you tube who has done a video on fibre glassing a bay window if you need a few tips... fix my roof I think he is called.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back