draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys and girls need a bit of advice from a plumber or that, i fitted a new low shower tray and its draining very slow i have to switch off power shower to stop water getting close to the top of tray all i changed was tray it came with its own waste trap and connected it with flex pipe as draining point was other end from previous now when i screwed waste to tray the hole in the trap is half covered is that my problem or is it the flex pipe coming from the trap ? ps this is with out chrome lid on trap hope this makes sense as i am a sheet metal guy and i know some silly questions ii get asked for metal work lol

Sponsored Links
" The hole in the trap is half covered"....Sorry ,don't follow you. Show us a pic of the trap .

Could be either or both, as Terry said, photo of trap, and perhaps the flexi waste pipe.

hope this helps guys
trap 1.jpg
and this was only after a few mins this 2nd pic

Attachments

• trap 2.jpg
    trap 2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If it is low profile and the fall from the trap to the outflow of the waste pipe isn't very much then there's little gravity assist to help the water to fully overcome the restriction at the trap outlet so it's struggling to empty properly.

It's a common issue with low profile trays and really needs a waste pipe/trap rethink so the fall on the waste pipe can be increased.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back