help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys and girls need a bit of advice from a plumber or that, i fitted a new low shower tray and its draining very slow i have to switch off power shower to stop water getting close to the top of tray all i changed was tray it came with its own waste trap and connected it with flex pipe as draining point was other end from previous now when i screwed waste to tray the hole in the trap is half covered is that my problem or is it the flex pipe coming from the trap ? ps this is with out chrome lid on trap hope this makes sense as i am a sheet metal guy and i know some silly questions ii get asked for metal work lol
trap 1.jpg

Sponsored Links
What diameter is the flexi?

Has it got a tortuous route?

Does the waste pipe have a continuous fall in it?

the flex is 40mm dia and its just goes from one end of tray to the other side then drops below the floor(about 8 inch's ) to a p trap then long run along the hall to outlet didnt have problem before i changed trays and flex so its either or i think it is the half blocked hole in the waste maybe have to try to open the hole up drilling it as cant unscrew it as i used sealant on the bottom of screw

Last edited:
Do you have access from below to fit another trap ? That trap looks very restrictive ,can you show pics of the other component parts of that trap ?
And why have you got a second "P" trap ?

Sponsored Links
hi this is a pic from the hall i opened it the other day just to check if there was any thing i could see as why i have another trap i just connected to the old pipe in the bathroom i didnt know that was there as the floor as 2 lvls each about 8 inchs so i checked to see if any blockage but there is none in that bend

bend.jpg

What else runs into that waste pipe and P trap ? Surely not just the shower is connected to it ??

I would remove it ,it's pointless. I assume you missed my earlier question...do you have access to fit a new shower trap ??

no mate as its all sealed in thats why i had to look from under it in the hall i still cant accesses it as its to high and would have to remove more of the roof and drill thru wooden boards

so guys what i think ur saying is remove the p bend and as i have this on the shower tray( pic )
trap3.png
is that correct and the hole is restricting flow as its half closed ?

thanks guys for all the input will remove the p bend and once again thank u all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back