Drains on ones land.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was working today fitting a new drain as the run off from the road was over loading the original drain, while doing this a manhole was found under the grass, it resulted in the new drain not being able to be laid as deep as planned, and it is clear it is a foul drain from what floated down in.

It is not on any plans, we assume it must cross the river to sewage plant on the other side, we are not vindictive and just altered our plans, but what are the rules for drains with no plans?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, tough. I'd say at least 40% of foul drains aren't on any plans.

I always find 'hidden' manholes that no one knows about when I use my drain camera. I even found one in a plumbers merchant who were complaining about bad smells in their shop, :LOL::LOL:

Andy

Sponsored Links
The insistence of CCTV surveys with build over applications since the transfer of ownership post 2011, was partly intended to allow the water authorities to update their mapping for free.

I always find 'hidden' manholes that no one knows about when I use my drain camera. I even found one in a plumbers merchant who were complaining about bad smells in their shop, :LOL::LOL:

Andy
Sure it wasn't one of the staff with bad flatulence ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back