major problems Severn Trent permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks i hope this makes sense

i have just applied to Severn Trent for permission to build over the sewer and manhole under the workshop we are having built

Severn Trent have come back and said NO the reason being that the neighbours foul drain also feeds into this manhole and they need access.

The man hole is slap bang in the middle of the workshop so the workshop cannot be moved.

Severn Trent have suggested moving the manhole to outside of the structure which in theory could be done by putting in a new manhole (round 450) behind the workshop.

However this is where the problems start.

In order to fit this new manhole we would have to remove 2 trees to gain access which are currently in the way. The Planning office have stipulated that these trees cannot be removed as part of the approval of the application.

i have emailed the planning officer today to ask if we could remove these trees to do the works and then reinstate a suitable alternative when the works are completed (views welcomed on success)

The second issue is as to how we link everything together

We have replaced our main drains in the garden that link into the original clay backdrop with an over flow linking about 600mm above the open main drain at the bottom of the manhole. At the lower level neighbours drain also links into the manhole which then feeds down to the main sewer.

My thought process is that we install a 450 chamber outside the workshop and then connect our drains and the neighbours drain into it. However could we still connect 2 feeds at different levels ????? will this work in a standard 450 round chamber.

any ideas or options welcomed

cheers

jon
Attached Thumbnails

Sponsored Links
not an option the workshop has to go there

think we may have sorted it now

cheers

jon

Sponsored Links
We have to move the manhole outside the workshop. Amd there is just a 1 m wide gap between 2 trees so ne can do it but its tight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back