drayton +2RF wireless thermostat trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Drayton rf3 thermostat was'nt working properly so i replaced it with a new (Digistat +2RF) It appears to have commisioned correctly and is sending and recieving signal. I set the heating times so that 6am - 6.30 temp is at 20 degrees and 5pm - 5.30pm 20 degrees. The rest of the time is at a much lower temp on thermostat and after 6.30 the nighttime setting is 7 degrees.

The reading on the thermostat doesnt go much lower than 19 degrees and the boiler still keeps firing up every so often even though it hasnt reached the lower temp setting. Its starting to frustrate me because i dont know whats wrong.

Cheers

Mark w

Sponsored Links
What boiler? What other controls are on the system? eg frost stats etc.

The more info you can provide then the more likely you are of getting the correct help

The boiler is a Baxi combi(not condensing) not sure about frost stats all i know is the thermostat is supposed to fires boiler at 7 degrees.

Is it possible someone elses wireless thermostat is interfering

Cheers

If it has "instant" in the name the boler will keep coming on to keep itself warm.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if its got instant in the name but when it comes on the radiators get warm and seems to be controling the temp at about 20 degrees instead of the night time setting of 7 degrees

cheers

Did you remove the link between terminals 1 and 2 on the boiler?
Have you linked the Digistat receiver L terminal to the Common Terminal.

Correct wiring is:

Live from Boiler 1 to Digistat L
Neutral from Boiler N to Digistat N

Another source can be used, provided it is controlled by the same fused spur as the boiler.

Digistat L to Disgistat Common
Digistat 3 to Boiler 2

Hi, I am having similar problems with the Drayton +2RF digistat and SCR, and wondered if anyone could help.

I have set it to come on at 21C in the morning, and it does, but when it turns off (because the house is warm enough) and the temperature drops again later on, it doesn't seem to want to fire up again, even though it's constantly set at 21C until 9pm. So the digistat reads 19 or 20C and our radiators are freezing, despite it being set to 21C, and the green light being on on the SCR.

Hot water is fine so don't think it's a boiler issue.

We basically have to re-commission the system every time it goes off to get the heating on again. But it soon goes off again and doesn't come back on!

Oh and we have replaced the battries in the digistat and only replaced the SCR last year, so it's not old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back