Drayton MA1 Valve not allowing heating and water at same tim

Thanks - as the valve moved, then this seems a logical conclusion - I don't have a multimeter, so I guess will have to call in an electrician

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
My advice would be a heating engineer, many electricians are not conversant with CH wiring. Agree a no fix no pay deal, or there might be an engineer on here in your neck of the woods that may be willing to help.

Are you 100% sure that you understand how the thermostats will turn off the boiler when either the room or the cylinder reach the set temperature?

Tony

Hi Tony,

I think so.

If I go back to basics

The boiler is on waiting to go into action

If I have just the heating on and the thermostat down - nothing happens, if I turn it up, the boiler bursts into life and heats the radiators

If I have just the water on, I can do the same by changing the thermostat on the cylinder

So when both are required, sometimes it works, sometimes only the water side works. I did think that the cold may have something to do with it, but we noticed it first in the mornings, when both needed, but no central heating came on

Do I need to know any more?

Sponsored Links
Do you have TRVs on the rads?

It might be a balancing problem!

If all the rads are actually heating it may be dragging all the heat from the cylinder ???

Without being there to see exactly whats happening its difficult to guess.

Tony

Are you 100% sure that you understand how the thermostats will turn off the boiler when either the room or the cylinder reach the set temperature?

Tony
If that was directed to me, I do have a rough idea on their operation. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back