drayton mid point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi helpers, I have a fairly new drayton mid point actuator code MA1
occasionaly it dont click over to heating it will either stay in mid or water position. to get it to move I use programmer to put the hot water on then turn that off then put the heating on then it moves or I can gently move the switch over to H on the actuator so would a club hammer fix it :D

another strange thing is I have a salus RT300RF receiver wired into Drayton dual channel programmer. the green light on the receiver never seems to go out ? it says in the book " the LED ( green ) illuminates when the receiver unit is receiving a heat call transmission"....

if I lower the temp a few degrees on the thermostat the green light does go out but otherwise the green light stays on even when the heating is off for the night so over to you guys Thanks P M

Sponsored Links
hi helpers, I have a fairly new drayton mid point actuator code MA1. occasionally it don't click over to heating it will either stay in mid or water position.
Remove the actuator and check that the valve spindle can be turned easily by hand. It will only move less than a quarter turn between stops. If it is at all stiff, lubricate the spindle with a small amount of silicon lubricant - NOT WD40 which will rot the 'O' ring seals.

I have a salus RT300RF receiver wired into Drayton dual channel programmer. the green light on the receiver never seems to go out?.... if I lower the temp a few degrees on the thermostat the green light does go out but otherwise the green light stays on even when the heating is off
Obviously a wiring error, but where?

Can you post pics showing the wiring of the Drayton programmer, Salus receiver and the wiring centre (junction box)?

Thanks for that Mr H, I was only joking about the club hammer but I give the body of the valve a tap and it must have loosened something inside, hopefully done the trick

As for the green light staying on, will try and post pics but at present it isnt causing anything malfuntioning cheers P M

Sponsored Links
I give the body of the valve a tap and it must have loosened something inside, hopefully done the trick
It would still be a good idea to remove the actuator (that's the metal box) and check the spindle is free.

As for the green light staying on, will try and post pics but at present it isn't causing anything malfunctioning
But it shouldn't stay on all the time, so there is something wrong with the wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back