Drayton RT212 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way to repair a leak around the pin on these TRV's or is it a new valve I need? I was preparing to replace it but read somewhere that a pin leak can be repaired under pressure and without even having to drain the system - although, maybe I read it wrong.

Also, does anyone know how to balance the system using these TRV's? There are numbers (0-6 I think) when I take the head off. Is it better to balance using the lockshield valves or the TRV's?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is there any way to repair a leak around the pin on these TRV's or is it a new valve I need? I was preparing to replace it but read somewhere that a pin leak can be repaired under pressure and without even having to drain the system - although, maybe I read it wrong.
The RT212 uses the same body as the TRV4; it's only the head which is different.

You can replace the top gland seal on the body without draining down. The gland kit (part no 07 35 009) included the spanner (Presetting key) needed.

Also, does anyone know how to balance the system using these TRV's? There are numbers (0-6 I think) when I take the head off. Is it better to balance using the lockshield valves or the TRV's?
Yes, you can balance using the TRV head - that's what the numbers are for. You use the Presetting Key to do this. Download the TRV Commissioning Guide.

If your local plumbers merchant can't/won't get a kit for you, give Drayton a phone on 0845 130 5522. They will probably sent you one for nothing.

Thanks for that, you've been very helpful. I'll try replacing that seal rather than draining the system and replacing the whole valve. I hope I don't get soaked in the process! Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back