Drayton SCR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use a Drayton SCR unit in conjunction with a Drayton digistat RF2.

The unit visually appears to be operating correctly when heating is called - the red light flashes for about 7 seconds and the green HEATING ON light comes on accompanied by a gentle but discernable click and the boiler fires up.
However for about a week the above occurs but without the discernable click and the the boiler does not fire up.

Any suggestions please ?

Regards

FLYNNE

Sponsored Links
Get your instructions out and follow the resetting procedure by removing the battery compartments in the stat and wait till the display disappears.

There should be no red light flashing for 7 secs when the unit is working properly. only green for on, nothing for off.

How old is it? It could be that the batteries have worn out that operate the sender rf side of the stat.

Red lights generally mean the receiver is not getting a good signal.

Hello Dave

Thank you Dave for your prompt reply.

I carried out the reset instructions as directed but they failed after many attempts.

However I would like you to comment on the following observations.

1. I turned off the power for about half an hour.

2. Switched the power back on.

3. Pressed the + button until the flame symbol appeared .
The green light came on accompanied by a discernable click and the boiler fired up.

4. Pressed the - button until the flame symbol disappeared .
The green light went off accompanied by a discernable click and the boiler shut off.

5. I repeated 3 and 4 several times with same results .

6. Left the power on and went away for an hour or so.

7. On returning I repeated 3 and 4 - this time the boiler would not fire up at all and the discernable click did not occur.

8. This is very confusing - any suggestions.

Regards

Flynne

To reset these you have to remove the battery's from the room stat unit until the display dissappears, not turn the mains power off.

Sponsored Links
Change the batteries; think it's left then right hand draw if I remember rightly - Although without one in front of me; would not guarantee it. Don't forget to put the receiver into "learn mode".

Hello Dave and GeckoGas-com for your replies.

I have tried the resetting procedure as suggested once again but can get no joy.

You do not appear to put any significance on the discernable click I mention.

Everytime it happens when the green light comes on the boiler fires up - if the click does not occur the boiler does not fire up.

I assume the click is due to a switch being operated.

I think I may have to contact the manufacterers.

Thank you both for your help.

Regards

Flynn

Go with changing the batteries. One pair power the display whilst the other pair power the transmitter. It sounds like these are worn out.

How far away from the receiver is it. Have you installed any other equipment lately that could cause interference to the signal?

take out batteries and replace if necessary
press the + - buttons until display disappears then put batteries back in and then go to learn mode.

it doesn't usually matter which one first on the batteries drawers if you do the above.

Hello Kevindgas andGas4You

Have replaced batteriesand tried resetting as suggested - sorry no go.

Regards

Flynne

At the moment I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as above, having done all the above fault checking with no luck, Flynne did you have to replace the SCR or did you find a fix for the problem - Thanks

timoev, you ought to start a new post rather than latching on to a 9 month old problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back