Drayton Tempus 7 Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I wonder if anybody can help.

I recently changed my switchmaster mechanical thermostat for a honeywell digital battery operated one.
I had Live Neutral and an earth and the live/neutral just went into A & B.
During this process I managed somehow to short the earth to the C terminal as I tried to tuck it out of the way instead of terminating safely which I`m embarrassed about.

When i did that the RCD tripped on my main consumer unit and blew the fuse in the programmer supply so I corrected the earth issue (made it safe) and fitted a new fuse.

On powering back up the thermostat is controlling the heating irrespective of the programmer being on off auto boost etc and the hot water being called for doesn`t seem to do anything.

Am i right in thinking that i have basically blown the programmer internals up and it is in a permanent CH ON state and hence the thermostat is controlling the boiler directly?

I have managed to obtain a new tempus 7 for a few quid to replace what damage I think I may have done.

Thanks for any replies.

Rich

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have F*cked it up and blown it.
Why was you doing it with the power still on ? :rolleyes:

I didn`t, I had the power off but the earth wire wasn`t safely tucked away when I put the power back on unfortunately I found it touching the C terminal of the thermostat.

Sponsored Links
The C terminal in the digital thermostat I was replacing. A honeywellhomexpert thr 840UK.

All I did was put the RED & BLACK wires in the Live/Neutral switch terminals of the thermostat and tucked the earth out of the way (onto the c terminal ny mistake).

It sounds (when its working) like there is a relay in each channel because it clicks when you advance to on or auto etc. The HW is still clicking but since the short the CH isn`t clicking anymore. Do you rekon that`s whats done it?

Cheers

More likely quite common that it takes the pcb out in the programmer.

Thanks for your help.

Do you have a recommendation for a replacement model programmer if the Drayton I have bought turns out to be duff?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back