Replacing Old Drayton Tempus 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our very old tempus 7 programmer has stopped working. I have bought the Drayton LP722 to replace it. As my tempus 7 is so old the backplates are different (mine has earth wire). I isolated the earth and wired the other wires as per the old plate on the LP722.

Unfortunately when I switched the power back on, only the hot water side of the programmer was working (ie boiler firing up). When I select the central heating nothing happens.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I specifically went for this model as from what I read it was an easy swap.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Have you set it correctly for a pumped or gravity system? Can you post a photo of how it is wired up?

Hi denso13

I don't have a photo of how I set it up as I have put the old programmer back on as it's just the select button that doesn't work, the override still works so for the moment we can still have heating. I set the LP722 to pumped then wired it exactly as it was on the old backplate other than isolating the earth wires. I have attached two photos of each backplate.

image.jpg image.jpg

What boiler do you have ? it sounds as though you have a gravity hot water system

Sponsored Links
It's a Trianco Redfyre picture attached. I assumed it was a pumped style as it has a pump connected to it picture also attached.

image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 626
sounds like you have a gravity hot water system, you will have to remove your new programmer and set it to Gravity , when you select CH on its own the HW light will also come on this is normal for your system, cant remember off hand what the set up is on the back of your programmer but will be a slide switch or a jumper peg it will be obvious when you remove it

Hi Ianmcd, just reporting back as promised. I put the new LP722 back on having changed the setting to gravity fed and its all working fine. Thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back