Drayton Tempus 7 with RTS 5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not happy with the manual RTS 5 thermostat that works with the Drayton Tempus 7. I want to get a digital thermostat but does it have to be a Drayton one? Preferably want one that you can actually carry round the house with you as i feel its been mounted in an incorrect part of my house.

Or would it be best to replace the Tempus 7 system completely?

Need a bit of advice.

Thanks

edit - If it helps i've got a conventional boiler with a hot water tank in the loft and a central heating/water pump.

Sponsored Links
lefox";p="2155487 said:
I want to get a digital thermostat but does it have to be a Drayton one?
No

Preferably want one that you can actually carry round the house with you as i feel its been mounted in an incorrect part of my house.
Then you need a wireless stat which may not give good reception an all rooms.

You have to be careful if you have a TRV in the same room as the stat and the TRV is set to a lower temperature. The stat will never turn the boiler off.

Or would it be best to replace the Tempus 7 system completely?
If you have a combi boiler it might be worthwhile installing a Programmable thermostat. If you have a HW cylinder you could retain the Tempus 7 for the HW and install a programmable stat for the CH.

Thanks for your reply, gives me something to think about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back